MOTHER'S DAY 2013

Wainiha for Mother's Day

           I spent the last two Mother's Days in Colorado with my Mom who just passed away in April this year.  This year we were invited to spend it with friends who have purchased a property in Wainiha Valley.  It is gorgeous, and the food was exceptional - this gang is the best with potlucks.  We had a lovely time.


 This is one of two streams that meet on the property - both considered Wainiha Stream

Cacao trees in white wind shields


 More cacao starts and even more sprouting on the lanai

Some of the gang near the game field - 
we played Portuguese horseshoes but were too full for Bocci ball


Aloha Mom

            Mom's passing was not unexpected.  I spent several quiet times since going to places she really liked.  We kayaked up Lumahai Stream here a couple times and then enjoyed the beach.

 Panoramas always distort a little but to the left is a bridge, 
past that it becomes almost an estuary

The beach here is very dynamic

Mouth of Lumahai stream

            Where we went more often for her to swim was Lydgate State Park so I gathered up some plumeria flowers and went for a splash in the shallow lagoon she enjoyed many times.

Lydgate State Park has this great man-made lagoon, 
safe for children and anyone unsure of the water
Mom loved it, sometimes I pulled her around on a boogie-board!

 I swam out to the rocks and let my plumeria go
there was enough surge from the waves beyond the rocks, they stayed there

 She would have loved it

This guy came by to say hi
It's all good


             With all of the hullabaloo at the Lighthouse, I stopped frequently to look at the brick Mom insisted on buying.  She wanted a permanent marker to honor the years she and my dad spent in Hawaii.  Terribly thrifty by nature, I knew if she was paying for this it was very important to her.

Now that they are both gone, I'm really happy she did it.



No comments:

Post a Comment